At barely over 10Ó long and 1 lb. in weight, the PocketJet 3 fits easily
into your briefcase, computer bag, or can be quickly mounted in any vehicle or
small work area. Using advanced Direct Thermal Printing Technology, the Pentax
PocketJet 3 eliminates the need for messy and expensive ink, toner, or ribbons.
See the Pentax Thermal Advantage to learn
why Pentax thermal paper is the best for a truly portable printing solution.
Compare The various models of the
PocketJet line and compare them to other portable printers
PocketJet 3 Features With the Pentax PocketJet youÀll enjoy more
efficiency, freedom and mobility than you ever imagined:
- Low cost-per-page
- Fast full-page portable printingÀup to 3 pages-per-minute
- Nearly unlimited OS compatibility
- Virtually maintenance-free mechanism with very few moving parts
- Ultra-lightweightÀonly 1.12 lbs including the battery
- Free 1-year warranty and unlimited tech support
- No ink cartridges to replace
- Long-life NiMH battery
- Windows & PDA compatible - Works with most print-enabled
handheld PCs and laptops/desktops running Windows, including Windows 95 (IRDA
only), 98, Me, 2000, CE/CE.NET, XP, Symbian/EPOC, PocketPC/Windows Mobile,
PalmOS, Linux, and Mac OSX.
PocketJet 3 Kit Contents
Kits contain everything you need to begin printing!
- Printer - PocketJet 3 Printer Engine.
- Case - PocketJet Carrying Case, imitation leather.
- Battery - PocketJet 3 Ni-MH Battery, now longer lasting.
- AC Adapter & Cord - PocketJet 3 AC Adapter & Cord.
- Thermal Paper - 1 Box of Pentax Quality Paper (cut sheet, 100
sheets, letter size), other paper types are sold separately.
- Manual/Software - PocketJet 3 Documentation Set and Installation
CD, Head Cleaner, Quick Reference Card, Manual.
- Interface Cable - Integrated USB, also IrDA ready.
PocketJet 3 Specifications
- Kit Part #s
- 205570 PocketJet 3 Kit
- 205571 PocketJet 3 Plus Kit
- Operating Systems Supported - Windows 95 (IRDA only), 98, Me,
2000, CE/CE.NET, XP, Symbian/EPOC, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, PalmOS, Linux, and
Mac OSX. Drivers
- Size - Height: 1.18" (30 mm), Width: 10.04" (255 mm),
Depth: 2.17" (55 mm)
- Weight - 1.12 lb. (513 g) including battery, .89 lb. (403 g)
- Method - Direct thermal printing
- Resolution - 203 (H) by 200 (V) dots per inch
- Density - Adjustable via control panel
- Speed - Up to three pages per minute at normal (5% density) page
- Fonts - WYSIWYG with Windows applications. Downloadable using the
Epson ESC/P emulation. Native serif and sans serif fonts in 10, 12, 15, and
- Paper Sizes
- Letter - 8.5" by 11" (216 mm by 279 mm)
- Legal - 8.5" by 14" (216 mm by 356 mm)
- A4 - 8.27" by 11.69" (210 mm by 297 mm)
- Roll - 8.5" by 100' maximum, perforated letter roll also
- Fanfold - Letter
- Print Area
- Letter - 8.2" by 10.72" (208 mm by 270 mm)
- Legal - 8.2" by 13.78" (208 mm by 347 mm)
- A4 - 8.0" by 11.51" (203 mm by 279 mm)
- Paper Type - Thermal - Cut Sheet, Continuous or Perforated Roll
- Paper Loading - Manual Single Sheet, or Continuous Roll
- Form Feed Modes - No Feed Mode, Fixed Page Mode, and End of Page
- Standard - Integrated USB 1.1 and IrDA, comes with 3 foot USB
- Standard - Pentax Supplied Drivers - Windows 95 (IRDA only), 98,
Me, 2000, CE/CE.NET, XP, Linux, Mac OSX, and Symbian/EPOC. These drivers come on
a CD supplied in the kits. You can also download these supplied drivers now.
- Optional - Third-Party Supplied Drivers - PalmOS and
PocketPC/Windows Mobile. Download free trial versions of these drivers now.
- Power Supply
- AC - 100-240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz with AC Adapter
- DC - 14.4V from NiMH battery
- DC - 10-17 VDC from Car Adapter
- Power Usage - 37 watts continuous, Standby: 1.1 watts
- Battery Yield - NEW - Longer Lasting
Battery! 100 pages per charge (depending on page coverage), taking
approximately 130 minutes to fully charge (double charge) the battery. The specs
stated are the maximum numbers of pages the PocketJet can print on a new
battery. All of the following will lessen this number: Battery Age, High Print
Coverage, High Print Density Settings, and Low Operating Temperatures.
- Battery Type - PocketJet 3/3Plus Rechargeable nickel-metal hydride
- Regulatory - CE, CSA, FCC, UL
- Warranty - One year parts and labor. 24-HOUR "Hot Swap"
service and extended warranty programs are also available.
PocketJet 3 Compatibility
- Windows - 95 (IRDA only), 98, Me, 2000, CE/CE.NET, XP
- PocketPC/Windows Mobile
- Mac OSX
General Order Form
John Bousquet,JFB Desktop Publishing